Tuesday 1 September 2020

TAST 4 & BEYOND TAST 4

 TAST 4  - Stem Stitch

Stem stitch was the first ever stitch I learnt, as a beginner in embroidery .  Its an easy stitch,  and is the best stitch  to embroider the stem (as the name suggests) when the embroidery involves botanicals (trees, branches etc)

This stitch can be used as a filling stitch, as it fills the surface beautifully.  This is one of the best choice for embroidering letters & text.

I have used this stitch extensively.  So I just wanted to keep my sampler very simple.

Beyond TAST 4 - Portuguese  Stem stitch.

This stitch creates a textured,knotted stem stitch.  This stitch looks better when done in thicker threads.  




2 comments:

  1. I like the Portuguese stem stich. Will look great where you need some depth in your embroidery!

    ReplyDelete

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.