Sunday 13 September 2020

TAST 15 & BEYOND TAST 15

 TAST 15Butterfly Chain Stitch

This is one of my least favorite stitches.  Though the working of this stitch is pretty easy and simple, I somehow struggle to make uniform stitches of same length and uniform spacing between each cluster.   May be I should mark the points in pencil before I start the stitches.

I tried to play around with different thickness of anchor stranded cotton floss and perl cotton thread in the below sample.


BEYOND TAST 15 - SPANISH FEATHER STITCH

I learnt this stitch some 10+ years ago and duly forgot the name of the stitch.  I remembered this stitch a couple of years back and wanted to stitch, but got lost , totally forgetting the name and the method of working of this stitch.  Sincere thanks to Sharon for choosing this stitch for the TAST Challenge.

I tried playing around with this stitch in stranded cotton floss and perl cotton thread in different thickness.




No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.