Tuesday 22 September 2020

TAST 17 & BEYOND TAST 17



 TAST 17 - Bullion Knot

This is one of my favorite stitches.  Though, the working of this stitch is a bit on the "Not so easy" side, once we get it  right, this stitch is such a beautiful one and we will be using this quite often.

This stitch creates a textured effect on the surface of the fabric.  This is a pretty  stitch for creating roses .  Varigated thread colors bring out much more beauty in these bullion roses.  I have tried creating bullion roses, bullion rose bud , a CQ seam treatment  combining bullion knots and feather stitch and some flowers.  


                                           


BEYOND TAST 17  - Buttonhole Picot

I skipped this stitch challenge , as the stitch was not that appealing to me.  I did not find any unique visual differentiation between this and Buttonhole stitch.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.