Friday 25 September 2020

TAST 31 & BEYOND TAST 31

 TAST 31 - Woven Detached Chain

As the name suggests this stitch is derived from detached chain (or lazy daisy stitch).  But this creates a textured shape and this makes it suitable for floral elements like flower petals and leaves.  I

  In some of the Indian households, there is a  bunting made of green plastic  with pictures of  Gods and Goddesses and this is hung on the house entrances. The bunting picture is below. 


  This was my inspiration in creating this sampler and I wanted my stitched bunting to have the  the fall colors. :)-

                                                       


BEYOND TAST 31 - Woven Zig Zag chain 

As the name suggests this stitch is derived from Zig Zag chain stitch and it creates a textured stitch.




  

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.