Tuesday 8 September 2020

TAST 11 & BEYOND TAST 11

 TAST 11 - French Knot

I love French Knots so much.. I find this stitch  easier to do.  I love to run over my hands on this textured french knots and feel them.  Few years back, I had seen an embroidered garden entirely worked out of French knots..  This memory became the inspiration behind my french knot sampler.  I have used different colors of anchor stranded cotton floss and DMC perl cotton thread.  Some of the knots are made with a single wrap, most of them are made with two wraps and very few of them with three wraps.  I was indeed happy to look at my finished french knot sampler .

                                       


BEYOND TAST 11 -  PISTIL STITCH

This stitch is just the same as the French Knot, but with the addition of little tail to the knot.   I tried pistil stitch and created a small mandala.  






No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.