Friday 25 September 2020

TAST 33 & BEYOND TAST 33

 TAST 33 - Cloud Filling stitch

This is one more new stitch for me to learn .  As the name suggests this is a filling stitch and it is fun to do.

I should be careful with the stitch tension  as pulling it too tight results in a flat stitch (as seen in the first row)  instead of curving shapes.


                                                        


BEYOND TAST 33 - Slipped Detached Chain (Tulip Stitch)

This is a great and such a lovely stitch to learn.  As the name suggests, this creates Tulip kind of shapes and is adaptable for creating beautiful petals and leaves.  

My inspiration for the sampler, came from my imagination.  I imagined myself walking along the path of a beautiful and colorful Tulip garden.




No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.