Sunday 13 September 2020

TAST 14 & BEYOND TAST 14

 TAST 14 - Cable Chain

This is a fun and pretty variation of the chain stitch.  I always remember the iron chains whenever I see this stitch.   When I was a small girl, me and my friend (we both had the same names) used to go to our neighbor's garden and used to swing to our heart's content with our endless chatting.  I stitched this piece in memory of those days.


BEYOND TAST 14 - Buttonholed Cable chain

Initially a row of cable chain stitch is made followed by stitching (without pricking fabric) buttonhole stitches within the cable chain foundation.   This stitch creates a scallop pattern.  Alternating buttonholed cable chain is a simple variation of this stitch. I tried this alternating variation in a circle. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.