Saturday 29 August 2020

Take a stitch 2020 (TAST 2020)

 I decided to take part in the 2020 TAST challenges being hosted by  Sharon at pintangle.  In the previous TAST runs,   I was not following   TAST stitches regularly.  If some stitch fascinated me, then I would stitch, otherwise I just skipped them.  I did not organise the stitched samplers properly , as a result , these samplers were lost when we had to relocate.  

This year, I decided to take part in both TAST & BEYOND TAST stitch challenges and familiarise myself with the stitch beauties.  I aim to keep them organised in a handmade fabric book , which can serve as a ready reckoner for designing embroideries and seam treatments.  I am following this tutorial on Million Little stitches, to create the fabric books.

I have a good collection of Anchor stranded cotton floss in a variety of colors, very few DMC perl cotton 8 and perl cotton 5, good amount of plain fabric and few satin ribbons.   I can easily manage TAST with these  stash I already have.

I am excited with this learning of TAST this year.  Good luck to me.







     

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.