Thursday 17 April 2014

Self Shading Cross Stitch Rose

This shaded cross stitch rose was done for March challenge at Stitch Map.  There were two other patterns offered - Australian Gumnuts and Wattle.  I love cross stitch and I was confident that I could finish this well before the end of March and this was the reason for me choosing this.

The entire rose was done with just two floral colors - one darker shade for the outline and a medium shade for the rose.  The shading effect was achieved by using 2 strands of floss, 1strand of floss and with full cross stitch and half cross stitch across the rose.  The leaves were done with the single strand of green floss with back stitches.

Initially it was boring and frustrating working these dainty stitches with single color floss, however when the rose started blooming,it was quite interesting and delightful.  I love the end result.

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.