Friday 4 April 2014

SAL - Kanta

When Anita had announced the Kanta SAL, I immediately joined.  But I was unable to start stitching immediately due to my other commitments.  Last week, we had a long week end here in Bangalore due to Ugadi festival. I was able to catch up with this SAL and I am now happy to say that I am upto date on this SAL.

This is the first time I am working on such a dark color fabric.  I have been preserving this cotton fabric for the past 9+ years as it was given to me in Tirupathi temple.  First it was a challenge to outline the design on the fabric - I tried with the light box method..and it did not work.  So, I used a white carbon paper to trace the design on the fabric.

Next challenge was choosing the floss colors.  I tried some 15 different colors in a doodle cloth and finally settled for these colors.

The colors used are

Kanta Booti - Anchor 033
whipped running stitch outline and two rows of filling - Anchor 0186
Centre Flower  - Anchor 0302
Spirals,scrolls ,outer eye shape border, outer triangle border - Anchor 049
Curvicules at top (blue filling ) - Anchor 0433
Curvicules spiral (Red outline) - Anchor 046

All are done using 2 strands of Anchor floss .

I am not happy with the work on the center flower.  The petal edges are not uniform and I have made sure to have different shapes of petals with my night time stitching.  :)-




Anyways, I tolerated my ugly stitching of flower by saying - all these occurs when you learn something new and kept progressing.   If I am going to expect perfection, I am not going to finish this piece.

Now I know where I have gone wrong, I will more careful when I do it the next time.

Thank you Anita for this SAL.


1 comment:

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.