Friday 16 October 2020

TAST 38 & BEYOND TAST 38

 TAST 38  - Woven CROSS STITCH

This is a new stitch for me.  Its a simple, easy and fun to work stitch.   This stitch would look pretty when worked on an aida cloth.  This stitch creates the effect of stitching a small flower.  The foundation for this stitch is the regular cross stitch.


 BEYOND TAST 38 -  CHAINED CROSS STITCH

This is a new stitch to learn this week.  Its a very simple stitch - a combination of cross stitch and the chain 
stitch.  This stitch can be used to create decorative edgings.

                        

6 comments:

  1. Thank you hobby sewer for your comment in my blog. Happy that I found your blog. Good experiment on various stitches. I have lost my track in tast stitches. Should catch it to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good experimentation with stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your comment on my blog. Happy that I found your blog. Good experimentation of stitches. I should catch up with tast to learn more stitches. I have also learned kutch work from mridulas and it is one of my favorite in embroidery.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has become my favourite too.

    ReplyDelete

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.