Friday 16 October 2020

TAST 37 & BEYOND TAST 37

 TAST 37 - WHIPPED WHEEL

 This stitch is also known as Ribbed spider wheel stitch.  This is one of my favourite stitches.  This starts with a foundation of fly stitch (fly stitch can also be replaced with straight stitches towards the centre of the circle).  In my sample, I tried working this stitch with stranded cotton, thicker perl cotton and thin perl cotton threads.  The purple wheel is worked with all the 6 strands of anchor stranded cotton.




BEYOND TAST 37 - WHIPPED SPOKE STITCH

This stitch is also called as woven filling stitch.  It was really fun and easy to experiment with this stitch. 

The first row is worked with thicker perl cotton thread for weaving .  In the second row, I tried this stitch with a little curved line which did not yield the desired results.  I guess , working the spokes a little closer would have helped.  The third row is done with all the 6 strands of varigated cotton embroidery floss and I have used French knots to fill the centre of the circle. 


                                                           

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.