Thursday 6 May 2021

Avenue de Breteuil - Paris

I admire architecture.  I like to travel.  I love embroidery.  This embroidery combines all the three - virtually traveling to Paris, fascinated by architecture and presented in the form of embroidery.

I follow Charles and Elin and a few months back I bought the kindle version of their book Mindful Embroidery.  I stitched this pattern  Avenue de Breteuil - Paris from the book.

It was a joy to stitch this pattern with very simple stitches - Back Stitch, Straight Stitch filling for the trees, satin stitch and some French Knots.  I like the way , how this design has little pop of color ,with Eiffel tower in the back ground, the details in the balcony railings.   Instead of filling everything with satin stitches,  only few areas are done with filling stitches which adds to the over all beauty.


No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.