Friday 20 November 2020

TAST 43 & BEYOND TAST 43

 TAST 43 - KNOTTED CRETAN

As the name suggests, the stitched is derived from Cretan Stitch. This stitch can be used wherever the cretan stitch isused.  This stitch is very easy to learn, once you know how to do the Cretan Stitch.  

While using a thicker thread, the knotted texture of this stitch is much visible, .  So, my samples are stitched with all the 6 strands of anchor embroidery floss.





BEYOND TAST 43 - RAISED CUP

This is a very interesting stitch which is a new one for me.  I initially struggled with this stitch and this struggle can be seen in my below sampler.

A foundation triangle is initially stitched, and then the needle and thread are passed through the bars of the triangle without picking the fabric.  This stitch looks better with a thicker thread.

For my samples, I have used all 6 strands of anchor embroidery floss.  Few raised cups are done with a single round around the triangle, more of these raised cups are done with two rounds and  only a couple of these cups are done with 3 rounds around the triangular foundation stitch. 


                                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment

TAST 7 & Beyond TAST 7 - Detached Chain Stitch & Barred Chain Stitch & Alternating Barred Chain stitch

 Here is my TAST 2021 sampler with this week's stitches.